Share Your Resources
The Exchange Club—Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse continues to help children and families throughout West Tennessee because of the generous support of the community. There are several ways you can support the Center. You can donate your time by volunteering. You can participate in a Center fundraising event. You can donate food, clothing, toys or other items to your local center. Donations to the Center are tax deductible. Thank you for helping the children and families in West Tennessee. You are making an investment that will last a lifetime.
More and more people are discovering creative ways to include their favorite charitable organization in their estate plans and still provide for their family while taking advantage of substantial tax savings. If this is something you have considered, many opportunities are available to you. Clearly your best strategy depends on your individual circumstances.
- What Is An Endowment? – An endowment is a reserve fund with special rules and restrictions as to its use. As established by the resolution, funds designated for endowment will be invested and managed by the Center’s Endowment Committee and the Central Board of Directors.
- Purpose Of An Endowment – The Center has been blessed with generous support from the community. The Endowment was established to secure our future and the future of the children who need our services. It is hoped that one day the Center would be able to operate off of the interest generated through the endowment. All donor designations and restrictions are honored.
- Impact On The Center’s Children And Families – Having an endowment fund also helps insure that we will never have to turn children and families away if a change occurs in any of our annual funding sources. Literally hundreds of children each year count on the Center to provide them with services that are not available anywhere else. The endowment is our way of giving a guarantee to those who desperately need us that we will never abandon them in their time of need.
- Impact On Our Donors – When you support a cause in which you deeply believe in, the greatest reward is the satisfaction of knowing you are helping others. Making a gift specifically to the Center’s endowment can also be your way of perpetuating your relationship with our Center and leaving a lasting legacy in your name for generations—a legacy of love which will continue to brighten lives for generations to come.
- Gifts Through Your Will – Many people decide to give a portion of their estate to charitable organizations like the Center. You may decide to give a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or all or part of your estate.
- Gifts Of Life Insurance – A gift of life insurance offers a method for making a substantial future gift at small cost or may allow you to make a gift of an asset you no longer need for your family’s security. You can give existing policies or assign proceeds to be paid in part or full to charitable beneficiaries. If you have policies that have served their original purpose (i.e. to educate children or protect a spouse who may no longer need protection), consider letting these policies do “double duty” by naming the Center as a beneficiary.
- Gifts Through Retirement Plans – If you have one or more retirement plans in which you have accumulated assets, the value may be subject to estate tax at your death in addition to an income tax when received by your heirs. Using the assets to fund charitable gifts in your estate may be an appealing solution. See your plan administrator or tax advisor for more details.
- Life Income Gifts – Through the use of charitable remainder trusts and similar gift plans, you can arrange for a contribution today while you and/or a loved one receive annual payments for life, after which the assets would be distributed to the Center. This type of carefully-designed planned giving program may make it possible for you to enhance your income NOW, save money now and in the future, take care of the people you love and provide a sound future for our Center and the children we serve.
We are enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Click on the link below to register your Kroger card to support The Exchange Club—Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse, and a portion of your purchases will be donated to the Center. Additional Kroger card information is available at any Kroger customer service desk. Thank you for your continued support. Please share this information with your family and friends. Together, we can make a difference.
Sign up for the Kroger Community Rewards program today.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support The Exchange Club—Carl Perkins Center every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you click on the link below to shop, you'll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to The Center. Thank you for your continued support. Please share this information with your family and friends. Together, we can make a difference.
Shop through AmazonSmile today.
Choose Children First by selecting a license plate that supports the Department of Children's Services. This plate is available to Tennessee residents who are registering a private passenger motor vehicle. The annual fee for this plate is $56.50, and $30.75 of the additional $35 collected is allocated to provide additional funding for child abuse prevention. The plate can be personalized, with 5 character options available.
To learn more about Children First, please visit the Tennessee Department of Revenue.